ADVANCED SPORTS THERAPY Is Now Providing Telehealth Services!
Due to the current COVID-19 crisis, Governor Charlie Baker has authorized commercial insurance plans to reimburse physical therapy clinics for providing telehealth services to our patients. Please see below for information regarding the benefits of telehealth and what you can expect from AST when providing telehealth services.
WHAT IS TELEHEALTH?
Telehealth is a form of healthcare communication between patients and their healthcare provider via phone or video technology, allowing you to continue your recovery in the comfort of your own home or office.
Telehealth in Physical Therapy allows us to:
- Provide triage during an acute injury
- Engage with you while performing home exercises and provide suggestions for program progression
- Interact with you when travelling for business or leisure or have moved away from the area
- Monitor your progress upon completion of your current episode of physical therapy or your insurance benefits have been exhausted
WHAT ARE THE BENEFITS OF TELEHEALTH?
- Practice "social distancing"
- Recieve one-on-one instruction and supervision of your current physical therapy program
- Perform physical therapy in the comfort of your own home, office or home gym
- Easy access to the same effective and efficient care you are accustomed to receiving from the staff at Advanced Sports Therapy!
HOW DOES IT WORK?
- Advanced Sports Therapy has partnered with BetterPT to provide an easy, direct way to speak with your physical therapist for your telehealth session.
- You will receive an email from BetterPT confirming your Video PT appointment and directing you to "Go to video appointment now."
- You and your physical therapist will then be able to discuss your current condition/status, review your current exercises, demonstrate your exercise performance, suggest/demonstrate exercise progressions and create a plan going forward for future visits and independent management of your condition/injury.
WHAT EQUIPMENT WILL I NEED?
- Desktop/laptop computer (Safari, Chrome or Firefox for a browser) or mobile device (Apple, Android are both compatible)
- Microphone and camera enabled for desktop/laptop or mobile device
- Appropriate WiFi/Internet connection
DOES INSURANCE PAY FOR TELEHEALTH?
- YES! As part of Governor Baker's recent Executive Order to provide telehealth to our patients, he has authorized insurance reimbursement for the service. Each insurance company is different regarding their requirements, so please check with your carrier for more information.
- Advanced Sports Therapy will bill your telehealth appointment to your insurance company the same way we would bill your physical therapy appointment as if you attended in-person.
HOW LONG WILL MY APPOINTMENT LAST?
- Advanced Sports Therapy will be booking appointments for 30-45 minutes, depending on your specific needs.
WHEN CAN I START?
- Today! Please call our office at (781) 235-5275 to schedule your appointment with one of our physical therapists. You can also go to our website advancedorthopedic.net to request a telehealth appointment through BetterPT.
BOOK YOUR APPOINTMENT TODAY!!